Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Long Trial Ahead

Paul Bergrin's second trial began today and voir dire was underway. According to the Pretrial Conference document filed on 3 January 2013, federal prosecutors expect the trial to continue for 3 months and Paul estimated 3 to 4 months. I believe it will be closer to 4 months, if not longer.

There are many allegations that must be closely examined. There is also evidence of government misconduct that will be revealed and prosecutors will not be able to make disappear.

Prosecutors wanted the jury sequestered, but the motion was denied, and rightly so. What possible reasoning could the DOJ use to attempt sequestration? Well, you will have to use your imagination on this because the actual motion was not filed in the case. The jury will remain anonymous, which is fine. We do not have any need for their names, but we do want to read their notes as each is filed.

As you may have guessed from my infrequent posts, my health is not good at this time, but then Paul's is not much better at the moment. I will post documents in this trial as they are filed and any extras that I can get my hands on. I do know for fact that there is far more defense evidence of government misconduct than you have heard about in mainstream news, so tune in and check back.

No comments: